Here are some interesting points about modern medicine and the healing processes that are worth considering. While nothing is true ALL the time, some things are truer than others (and even true more often than others).
NOTE: Nothing on this list negates life-saving measures when one is not yet ready to die.
- Modern medicine in the 1940s and forward was developed in response to battle wounds. It is an excellent modality for bringing physically wounded people back from the dead. No matter what!
- There are no systematic studies about the nature of chronic illness in West. Eastern traditions, traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda, consider disease, or dis-ease, to be the product of environment (e.g., bad air, polluted water, unhealthy habits or ingested products; meaning diet). While they of course acknowledge the contribution of family genetics (epi-genetics), to disease, that was not the focus of their health-care systems, until bamboozled by technology. Meanwhile our system relies on technology and ways to keep doing exactly what we are doing rather than discussion of returning to one’s inner balance. It is ingrained that our genes cause inevitable disease and since we have so little agency in our lives, there are only pills and treatments to help.
- As we age, our digestion isn’t always as efficient as when we are young. The longer someone lives, the more opportunity chemicals have to accumulate in their body and, for lack of better word, “AMA”. AMA gets stored in adipose tissue, including the brain. Some of these chemical toxins can be dissolved out of the body by a process called “oleation” which employs ghee, or medicated oil, to treat patients internally and/or externally.
- Drugs newly developed are not thoroughly evaluated. There is no requirement for trial drugs to be tested, other than showing they don’t mutate cells, don’t have severe adverse effects, other than comparing them to placebo.
a) Newly developed drugs do not have to show significant or improved efficacy over existing drugs.
b) New drugs are tested on small (like a few hundred) carefully selected individuals, and
c) New drugs are often minimally better (barely 20%) than “placebo” in treating dis-ease.
- Placebo pills alleviate dis-ease within a study period commonly ~40% of the time.
- All drugs shift the microbiome on all body surfaces and cavities.
- All foods, environmental sterilizing, chronic stress, illnesses, even exercise, and meditation, affect the health of our microbiome. Only resistant organisms survive when we feed it toxins, antibiotic and nonfood substances.
- Our microbiomes are fairly stable. They reflect influences made by a percentage of the immediate outdoor environment, as well as our family’s inheritance-and what we feed it-including food, emotions, and activities.
- Our microbiome is responsible for all front-line immune processes and helps the body discriminate between friend and foe.
- Auto-immune, allergy, neurodegeneration (Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases) or neuro-formation (autism spectrum and ADHD) diseases are strongly associated with shifts in the microbiome (“dysbiosis”).
- Attitudes and mannerisms, that affect our external self and how we interact with the world are epigenetically inherited. They come out of responses to survival threats.
- Fear and anxiety (especially about things we cannot control) along with shame, guilt, and hatred create unhealthy states of attachment. Managing these attachments leads to all forms of addiction (sex, drugs, smoking, even excessive meditation, anger).
- Genuinely loving human interaction is required for treating all forms of addiction.
- Adrenal fatigue causes low testosterone. READ UP GUYS.
- Kaiser-Permanente published a study showing that the over-riding highest percentage of patients with severe chronic illness, hospital use and and addictions have high adverse childhood experience (A.C.E.) scores. hatred, shame, guilt, and fear all shut down the brain’s ability to learn abstract concepts and respond, as these emotions are seated in the reactive reptilian fight or flight brain (and adrenals). The amygdala/thalamus connection in the brain is especially affected by negative emotions.
- Chronically defensive emotions from significant Adverse Childhood Experiences can cause intellectual stunting.
- “Placebo” effect (such as helpful sugar pills) occurs when the body heals itself after being suggested (during a vulnerable, meaning safe, hypnotic or trance-like state) that a process might work to relieve pain, discomfort or fear, often created by a caring provider while patient feels open.
- 8 weeks of meditation shown repeatedly to shift brain chemistry to more responding rather than reactive state and normalize cortisol levels.
- 80-95% of chronic illnesses can be healed with clean “happy foods” diet, regular moderate exercise, self-reflection, reduced electron diet, and forgiveness (for oneself and all others, especially family members).
- Forgiveness does not let the other guy off-the-hook for making amends that they must make, but forgiveness allows oneself to shift from self-damaging anger and hatred back to a healthy brain that can learn.
- Releasing what no longer serves us (like addictions and fears), allows the bodies ‘intelligence’ to heal itself.
- The “learning” (hippocampal) brain is plastic. That means we can always learn as long as we are alive providing we regularly feel genuine gratitude for being in existence and all that supports us in this moment.
- Living with and holding onto resentments and fears (over which we have no control) is like throwing out one’s daily allotment of gold coins to be used for happiness, healing, and thriving in today’s world.